Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

Description about the Beach.

Description Framework

Introduction
The first sentence introduces and classifies the topic

Middle
  • In-depth description about the topic.

  • The 5 senses are commonly used to develop and support the ideas of descriptions.

  • The description may show rather than tell the reader what something/ someone is like using precise similes or metaphors to create images/pictures in the mind.

  • Strong development of the experience "puts the reader there" focusing on key details. It is focused and concentrates only on the aspects that add something to the main purpose of the description

Ending
  • Leave the reader with a sense of feeling - e.g enjoyment/wonder








It was morning I couldn't wait for today, beautiful today is finally here. When I got up i woke the rest of my family up and told them to hurry up. As they woke up I got my clothes ready for the beach. After that I went downstairs to help my mother pack the brilliant lunch that she had prepared then we were off to the beach! When we got to the beach we sprinted onto the sand. As i was walking along the beach, the bright sun is nearly hot enough to cover you in an invisible blanket of warmth. The beautiful, big blue ocean's waves are crashing against the cliffs as you watch the seagulls joyfully fly around in circles in the air. The warm, golden sand runs between your toes with the gentle breeze. As you walk along the beach you find gorgeous, shiny shells that have been washed into the shore by the rippling of the water. When you step in the sea you could feel the cold misty waves crashing on your feet. As you get deeper and deeper into the sea you could taste the saltiness of it. As it was heading off to the afternoon we had lunch. My mum had packed it before we came to the beach. After lunch we spent a couple more hours in the freezing, light blue sea until it was time to go back home and have a shower. I told my mum when we got home that this is a good day out and then she told me to go into my cozy bed to go and sleep. As I fell asleep I thought that I couldn’t wait for the next holiday to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment